Of Wisconsin's 72 counties, Green County, founded in 1836 is the 50th largest, totaling 585 square miles - and achieving the 40th largest population with a 2000 census count of 33,647.
The county is located in the southwest section of Wisconsin approximately 50 miles southwest of Madison, the capitol of our state. Therefore, everything needed to provide a quality environment for residential and business establishments is either within the county or easily accessible.
Green County is rich in history and natural beauty. Our County was named for Revolutionary War General nathaniel Greene.